There are many other ways to generate leads, but I found cold emails to be one of the most effective. Over the years I have sent and received quite a few cold emails which has given me an understanding of what does (and doesn’t) work.
If you follow these guidelines you will get great results from your email outreach:
- Carefully consider who you contact. Is your message relevant for the recipient?
- Use a short descriptive subject line that generates curiosity.
- Tailor your message to the recipient. Do not send template emails.
- Keep it short.
- Get to the point right away. No “I hope you are well”, or worse, “Sorry to contact you”.
- Explain your value proposition in a maximum of two sentences. What’s in it for the person you are contacting?
- Do not use jargon or other bleeding edge, next generation, world class adjectives.
- Finish with simple, low commitment call to action.
Still have trouble getting results? Send me an email 😉